10% Rate Discount for Eligible Low-Income Customers
On April 21, 2022, the Las Gallinas Valley Sanitary District Board of Directors established a new Low-Income Sewer Rate Assistance Program to help low-income customers by providing a 10% reduction for qualifying residential ratepayers beginning with the fiscal year July 1, 2022 thru June 30, 2023.
Program Summary: Las Gallinas Valley Sanitary District’s Low-Income Sewer Rate Assistance Program (LISRAP or Program) is available to eligible, low-income single-family residential ratepayer households. The program provides a ten per cent (10%) rate discount to eligible households
- Income eligibility is demonstrated by being enrolled in the PG&E CARE Program (California Alternate Rates for Energy Program).
- The ratepayer household must also include a customer of the District who pays the District charges as shown on their property tax bill.
The following are not eligible for the Program: Single family residences with accessory dwelling units, ratepayers with a PG&E master meter, and entities who are not a ratepayer of the District. Non-household family members, neighbors, friends, homeowners’ associations, landlords, are also not eligible, although they may apply on behalf of other eligible customers.
The Discounted Rate: The 2022-23 discounted Sewer Service Charge rate is below:
|Rate Category||Sewer Service Charge *||LISRAP Charge w/ 10% Discount *|
*Note: The District is considering changes to the Sewer Service Charges, that if approved, will take effect July 1, 2022. This Discounted Rate will be updated at that time to reflect any changed rates.
Application Process: If you meet the eligibility requirements above, fill out the single page Application Form and return it to the District office with copies of:
- Current PG&E bill which shows enrollment in the PG&E CARE Program,
- Most recent County property tax bill, and
- Proof of payment of County property tax bill (copy of the County payment receipt, cancelled check, etc.), if applicable.
Submit the application and supporting documents via email to email@example.com, with “LISRAP” in the subject line, by mail to the District office, or deliver in-person during normal business hours Monday thru Friday 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
Application Approval Process. The application must be approved by the District. If approved before June 24, 2022, the District will transmit the discounted rate information to the County for payment on your 2022-23 County property tax bill, and your information will be kept on file for the next year. If the discount is not reflected on your 2022-23 property tax bill, or you are approved for LISRAP after you have paid your 2022-23 property tax bill (in part or full), please provide proof of payment of your property tax bill (County payment receipt, cancelled check, etc.) and you will receive a District check for any eligible discount amount(s).
Once enrolled, the discount will be applied automatically to the sewer service charge billed to the ratepayer of record on their County Tax Bill.
- Program eligibility (CARE enrollment) will be reconfirmed every other fiscal year, which begins July 1st.
- The ratepayer is required to notify the District if they no longer qualify for the PG&E CARE program, or if they move to another single-family residence served by the District.