These items should NOT have made it down the drain–but DID. Help us protect the environment by following these helpful hints on what not to dispose of in the toilet or in any drain.
- Disposable products, including diapers, personal hygiene products, paper towels, facial pads, dental floss and disposable scrubbers belong in the trash, not your drain.
- Kitchen grease and cooking oil should be poured into a container, allowed to solidify and disposed of in the garbage.
- Dry wipe dishes, pots and pans to remove residual grease before washing.
- Dispose of food scraps into a waste container, and put it in your garbage can. Minimize the use of garbage disposals.
- Hazardous substance such as paint, paint thinner, garden chemicals, batteries, fuels, and similar toxics must be disposed of at a certified hazardous waste site.
- Drugs and Pharmaceuticals (see No Drugs Down The Drain)
Call the Marin Recycling Center. Residential: 415-485-6806 or go to www.marinsanitary.com.